- I've only dated white girls.
I'm sorry I'm being honest, am I allowed to just say that?
- Hello there.
- Becoming independent for me was an act of rebellion.
- I'll be right back okay.
- Okay cool.
(slow bright music) (music booming) ♪ Better than good ♪ Better than good to me ♪ Me (congregation applauding) - [Woman] Worthy, worthy.
- [Mario] I was feeling that song, I mean it got to me.
So it's a regular church service in a regular Sunday.
- [Woman] All right Mario.
All right bye.
Emmanuel usually walks me out at the end of every service.
How's it going?
- Congratulations sweetie.
- Thank you, God bless you.
- God bless you.
- Ah ha jinx.
And then the choir director comes up and says.
- I want to say goodbye to you boo boo.
- Suddenly without preamble, without warning, without saying Mario brace yourself here comes a million dollar moment.
- Kim is gonna say goodbye to you so stay right here.
- Oh okay, there's someone here.
- Ha ha how you doing?
- I'm doing well goodbye Mario.
- Did you enjoy the service?
- I sure did as always.
- So down.
- That was oh my God, I feel like a school boy.
I remember at choir rehearsals there was a girl there who was always laughing at stuff I said.
And I had heard rumors of her being really interested.
I hugged her.
- Sister V set me up for a hug real quick.
- Oh my God.
- And she's super skinny.
- Give her his phone number.
- That's a fantastic idea.
to give it to her.
- Don't tell her that E or I'll disown you.
- [Man] Come on man, Simon!
Come on last 50.
(people yelling) - [Man] Good job Simon.
(people applauding) Beautiful.
- Do you realize you just swam 400 meters?
I'm so proud of you.
- One two three.
- [Francesco] That was fun last night.
- Uh I know, what'd you think?
- Just gotta get used to whether they're interested or not.
- Oh yeah it's just practice.
I mean the music was loud like, usually for us, for blind people, loud music isn't.
- But would it work I don't know, would speed dating be like a cool thing to do or just like.
- Honestly dude you should try whatever you want to and see what works best.
- Yeah just try anything.
- [Nora] There he goes, he's coming back.
- Wait what happened?
- She smiled when I told her that you wanted me to give her your number.
- She's in great shape.
- How do you know?
- I hugged her.
- Oh, Ray Charles.
- And we get all that information.
- I told her the ball was now in her court.
- There you go.
That's what I wanted you to say.
- It's not in her court.
Guys don't put stuff in female's courts.
Tell her I need her to text me because I want to set up a date.
- Okay I-- - No tell her I want to set up conversation over coffee.
- [Nora] No just tell her to text him.
- Text me so I can have her number because I'm interested in setting up conversation over a meal, there we go.
- That's just too much.
- That's how I talk.
- Do not tell her all of that okay.
- That's okay Mario I gotcha you okay.
- Tell her, "He wants conversation over a meal."
- You can tell her that when she texts you.
- I gotcha you though Mario I'm gonna let her know to text you.
- We'll have a conversation over a meal.
- [Nora] Over dinner, yeah, yeah.
- I appreciate you for doing this man.
Seriously, say "he wanted your number for a conversation over a meal."
(phone dinging) - Hello.
- Ah good how are you?
- [Woman] I'm fine.
Do you have a little bit of time to talk?
- Thank you for calling sure.
I'm going to a speed dating event on Wednesday.
- I'm basically looking for something that represents me.
- I'm an athlete, I do triathlons.
I'm training for one right now.
- I listen to mostly heavy metal.
- [Woman] What are your sizes in shirts?
- I mean normally I usually go shopping with my parents.
So for like shirts I'm a small.
- Waist size I'm like a 32.
Would you have different materials I could feel 'cause I can't tell you exactly what type of material that I like.
- Of course, of course, I'll have a lot of different things pulled out for you.
Based off what our conversation was and based off of like what you've told me about.
- I still don't realize what she looked like.
- I can tell you if she's pretty or not.
She's on Facebook let me see your phone.
- Hold on, let me pull it up.
Let me look at the mutual friends.
And it'll tell me.
- Old enough to know better, young enough to (beeping).
No this ain't her this person said they old enough to know better but young enough not not to give a (beeping).
That can't be her.
- Well that better not be her.
We just came from church.
- Oh no it's her.
- That's her.
- Sister Vanessa is a friend and so is Toria from the church, it's her.
- Oh my God.
- Oh my goodness.
That's her status.
Using my sister to Facebook stalk someone is a typical occurrence.
- I remember okay, I saw her, she has braids in her hair.
So she's dark skin but my complexion.
- She pretty?
- Yeah she's pretty and skinny oh all right, she's 35.
- I don't know about the young enough not to give a (beeping) part.
- She a cougar, you want a cougar?
- She a cougar, if she messing with a 20 year old, I'm 30.
(bright upbeat music) - So the first item that I pick is like a quilted bomber jacket.
It's a really cool blue, it's navy blue.
And then there's a shirt underneath it right here.
Which is a white polo similar to what you have just feel right here, you see.
- Yeah it feels similar to what I'm wearing now yeah.
- And it has blue and gray stripes.
Next we have a two tone denim jacket.
- Jean jacket type of thing.
- Yeah I say denim you say jeans, we're gonna say both today.
- So this is a two toned.
- Oh interesting never felt this before.
I've felt jean jackets but they're a lot softer.
As a blind person I determine the clothes I wear by how they feel.
- Some jeans are softer than others.
So this is the raw denim to give you that raw kind of feeling combined with a softer denim it's not as raw.
- I'm voting for this one, I like this one.
That's gonna work for school, for dates, for work, for heavy metal concerts, the whole run of it.
- This is a pair of Guess jeans and they have rips in them.
- Ripped jeans.
- [Jill] His face (laughs) He's like oh ripped jeans cool.
- People would tell me wear something trendy, wear something hipster, and I have no idea what any of that stuff means.
- The looks are sexier.
The denim is more fitted.
- Like tighter you mean?
- Fitted not tight, just a more tailored look for you.
- My Mom buys my clothes for me but it's not like they pick out sexy clothes or anything like that so.
- Simon our job is to make sure you catch the eye of many people.
So we're gonna accentuate certain parts of your body that Mom's not going to okay.
- Got it.
- Kim just texted.
- [Phone Announcer] 2:46 PM, hey Mario it's Kim from church.
I'm headed into work right now but I think we should definitely get together.
- I think that would be excellent "period", smiley face.
I will give you a call this week to plan something "period."
I feel so nervous like I'm a high school boy or something.
I haven't felt it in a long time so this is good, this is a good sign.
(upbeat music) - So we had a little hiccup with sizes, you are definitely smaller but it's okay.
- How many sizes smaller?
- Like two.
- So this is what we're talking about, Mom right?
She shops for you but she's not shopping for you for a date.
- Turn around 'cause we want the ladies to see what's going on.
- [Simon] I've learned that the right fit and the way clothes sit on you shows off how your body actually looks.
Like that's just kind of fascinating to me.
- You look really great.
- But we want to show the broadness in your chest, we want to show the definition in your arms, we want to show your tush, you know.
- I'm pretty active so if I have the body to show it off then why not?
All right, monochromatic look A.
- We like this.
- Yeah I like this.
It's very like put together.
- It's the first time I noticed like the button downs actually like touching my chest.
Like my waist.
- That's because it actually fits you.
- So Mom's got her set of sizes and then you know what your real sizes are.
(laughs) - I got you.
- What I got out of today was if you want to attract girls do not wear clothes that your Mom bought for you.
Oh my goodness.
I'm losing it.
- I'm not sure where James and I are going at this point.
- Hi Joanie?
Hi how's it going?