(speaking in foreign language) - All right my love, here we go.
One, two, three!
(family applauding and cheering) (cheerful music) (woman yelling) (bat softly thudding) (Mia yelling) (music fades) (Sophia laughing) (people talking faintly) (speaking foreign language) - [Mom] Oh Eric, can you set up musical chairs when you put the dog out?
- [Eric] Yeah, I can, but where do you want me to put these?
- On the table in there, you'll see it.
- Why is there one blue and the rest are pink?
- The blue's John's.
Just leave it there to the right.
So your mama decided to let you invite him after all?
- Said it was okay since he's just a neighbor.
- [Eric] Yeah.
Glad you made that decision without me!
- [Mom] You bet.
- I can't find the monkey one.
- Here, let me see.
It's further back.
(phone warbles) - Hey!
Hey, give it back!
- It's my friends.
- I don't care, I had it first, and it's mom's phone.
- Well, it's my birthday.
You can't just take the phone every time you get a text message.
Give it back!
- Mia, just let her finish using my phone, please.
- Yes, thank you.
(shushing) - Thank you.
(speaking foreign language) (soft music) (sheets flapping) (doorbell ringing) (door creaking) Bevin!
- [Bevin] Hey, birthday girl!
- Your shirt is great.
I got it from Banana Republic.
- I know!
I'll do them when I get home, okay?
Just let me go.
I love you.
- Yeah, love you.
- Happy birthday, Mia!
(girls giggling) Your family takes birthdays really seriously.
- Yeah, we kind of do.
I've always had a really big birthday party since as long as I can remember.
- Hi, Bevin!
(phone clicking) - Oh, and who are you?
- Please stop being weird.
- I'm Cassidy.
- Oh, do y'all wanna help step the pinata?
- It's so cute.
- [Sofia] Thanks.
- Are you good at hitting it?
- Oh, well yeah, but Mia's really good at it.
- Oh, do you still hit it?
- Yeah, sometimes.
(phone clicking) - Maybe we could just skip that part this year.
Let the little kids hit it.
That's what I was thinking too.
(Cassidy gasping) - I could probably help you with your makeup.
My aunt's been teaching me.
- Oh yeah?
- I thought you don't wear makeup.
- I actually just got some.
Hopefully it's the good stuff.
My aunt gives me her samples all the time.
Where do you wanna go?
- We can go upstairs.
(speaking foreign language) (low-fidelity music) - [Mom] Sophia, find your shoes!
- You're not putting too much on, are you?
- [Cassidy] Relax and stop blinking.
- And once again, we have turned a peasant into a princess, a drab into a fab, and a girl into a woman.
Thank you for watching, please hit subscribe if you would like to see more of extreme makeovers birthday edition - Bevin, you crack me up.
- [Bevin] That's what I'm here for.
(phone beeping) John's on his way.
- Oh, is he your boyfriend now?
- I think you like him.
- I really don't.
- I don't know.
What do you think, Bevin?
Yeah, she does.
Maybe a little.
- I knew it!
Good thing we did your makeup.
Oh, could you go get my bag from downstairs?
- We should probably change your outfit.
- But I just got this dress!
My mom's gonna freak out if I don't wear it.
- Outfit in my bag is so cute and John'll love it.
- I'm really not too sure about this.
- Come on, you've gotta grow up sometime.
You know, be your own person.
- I know.
- You're just too nice.
- I am not!
- Seriously, bitch?
You can't even say it back.
(rapid footsteps) - Here you go.
We ready for the makeover part two?
(phone beeping) And we're back for extreme makeover part two, birthday edition.
My good friend Mia here is gonna put on a new outfit and we're gonna dazzle her up for her birthday party.
- Sophia, get out!
- No, it's my room too!
You can't tell me to get out.
- You're such a stupid and annoying little baby.
(makeup slamming on table) - [Sophia] Fine!
- Can you stop filming me?
(door sliding shut) - [Bevin] Ooh, feisty.
(guitar music) (speaking foreign language) (people speaking indistinctly) - Do you need any more ice?
- Well, I would hope so.
- Mom, Mia took your makeup and is being mean to me.
(Mom whispering indistinctly) (faint footsteps) (door knocking rapidly) - Someone's in here.
- Mia, It's mom, open this door.
- I can't, I'm on the toilet.
- I really think you should dare her to do it.
She's your best friend.
- I don't know about that.
She always looks up to you.
Well, we can dare her to do it.
- What if she doesn't even like John that much?
- Well then she can kiss him on the cheek.
We won't specify.
(foreign language) - Come on, Mia, John's here!
- Whoa, whoa, whoa!
Where- What are you wearing?
(upbeat music) - Hi, Mr. Eric!
- Oh, hi, Mia!
- Hi, John.
This is for you.
- Oh, that's so sweet of you.
Also, I got you a pair of these.
- These are perfect.
I got myself a pair too.
- Cake time, guys.
- Perfect timing!
(speaking foreign language) - It's my birthday, I just wanted to get dressed up.
- [Sophia] John!
- He's cute.
- Mia, you don't have to do this.
- There you are!
You're getting so grown up.
I like this.
- [Woman] Cake time, guys.
- We have the perfect birthday dare for you.
You tell her, Bevin.
- We dare you to kiss John.
- [Cassidy] Come on!
♪ Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you.
♪ ♪ Happy birthday, dear Mia.
Happy birthday to you.
♪ - [Woman] And many more!
(everyone cheering and clapping) - All right, kids.
We need to line up from shortest to tallest, okay?
- [John] I thought you were on my team.
- I'm a mastermind, what can I say?
- Well, you can only say that once you've actually been undefeated.
- Could you two move closer?
I'm gonna get a picture.
- [John] Oh, sure.
- Come on, closer than that.
(gentle music) - [Eric] Mia!
(John gasping) (John laughing) Mia!
Come on, it's the birthday girl's turn!
Y'all can go right after her.
- Hit it if you want.
Just keep hitting it every single year.
- I'm staying here.
- Come on, Mia!
(Mia groaning) All right.
- Smile, it's your birthday!
- All right.
Right hand up.
Here we go.
You know the drill.
Your friends don't wanna hit it?
(Mia sighing) - I don't wanna hit it.
- But my little girl is the best there is at whacking the brands out of that pinata!
- Could you please not play the whole daddy's girl card?
I don't wanna hit the stupid pinata and that's it!
- [Mom] Mia!
- [Girl] Why didn't she wanna hit it?
- I don't know, but she's being a big baby today about everything.
(child laughing) - Who's next?
- God, my dad can be so annoying.
So what'd I miss?
- And here she is, the birthday girl that didn't wanna hit her pinata.
- Yeah Mia, why didn't you hit it?
- [Bevin] What do you have to say for your audience, Mia?
- Can you stop filming me?
(phone beeps) (people cheering) (bat smacking pinata) (people yelling and cheering) (children laughing) (guitar music) (music fades)